And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Tomorrow Is My Last Sunday

Tomorrow is the last time I have to work my retail job on a Sunday. The reason I mention it is that Sunday is the day of the week I hate to work the most. There are several reasons this is so: usually we only have two people working in the store, which is sufficient sometimes, but many times we are just absolutely overwhelmed with customers. Sundays are when people usually bring multiple watches for instant repair; we seem to get more head cases (crazy people) coming in than any other day of the week; if you're going to get an irate customer, it's usually on a Sunday; we get more campers (people standing right outside your door, waiting for you to open) on Sunday because they assume the mall opens at 10am like the other six days of the week, so they've been wandering around the mall for 2 1/2 hours before you open and they are impatient and cranky because they are too stupid to read the signs on the mall doors and understand the mall opens late and closes early on Sundays. {Ok, that last sentence was a run-on, but it expresses my mood, so it stays}. Sundays could be better spent at home, with my family.

Technically this town has a blue law on the books, meaning merchants are supposed to close on Sundays, but when it was first voted in back in 1996 {and passed} the merchants in the town complained the ballot was confusing and people did not understand what they were voting for.
A judge said he would table the election results until after the Christmas holidays and then review them after the New Year. 9 1/2 years later and we're still opening on Sundays.

Regardless, tomorrow is the last Sunday I work retail. Thank You, God!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT