And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Why Squidward? Why Granimore?

Unlike many bloggers, I do not feel comfortable putting my identity on display for the public. Partly because I'm a little shy, but mostly because my family and friends know who writes this blog, and that's enough. Also, once I enter the funeral profession in a month or so, I will continue to update this blog on my work and how things proceed there. To protect the identity of my employer and any families I may serve, I choose to remain anonymous.

As my photo for my profile, you will notice I have chosen the character Squidward from Spongebob Squarepants. If you watch the show, you will understand when I tell you I am Squidward. For those who are not familiar with the show, Squidward works in a fast-food restaurant and absolutely hates his job and the customers. One of my favorite Squidward moments was when a customer asked for more sauce. Squidward tells him they are all out of sauce. The customer says, "Could you check?" Squidward, being Squidward, deadpans "No."

As for my handle, Granimore, it comes from one of my favorite movies, Joe Vs. The Volcano. This is an old Tom Hanks/Meg Ryan movie. Tom Hank's character, Joe Banks, is sent on a spectacular adventure by Mr. Samuel Harvey Graynamore (when I chose the nickname, I spelled it phonetically instead of paying attention to the credits). Joe must hurl himself into a volcano to appease the volcano god and save the island of Waponi Wu. It sounds strange, I know, but it really is a cute little movie. One of my favorite quotes comes from Meg Ryan. She's standing on the dock, ready to take Joe Banks on board her ship for the trip to the island. She snaps some smart remark to her sister, who says, "Well, you're in a rotten mood!" To which Meg Ryan responds, "It's the sunshine; gets me down."

3 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

I'm not familiar with Spongebob, but appreciate your description of Squidward, in fact, I had to laugh out loud, for real....

1:08 AM  
Blogger Granimore said...

Give it a try, sometime. You may find it to be something of an acquired taste.

1:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I chuckled reading this :))). Btw, I love Spongebob! I'm a bit partial to Patrick though!

2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT