And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a retired Funeral Director and Embalmer who started this blog in 2006 to document my transition from retail into Funeral Services. I'm not sure comments are working as of July 2026. If you have questions email me using the Email Me link below.

Email me

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Who'll Change The Light Bulbs?

I was closing up the shop tonight and I noticed some light bulbs need replacing. Since I'm the only one in the store that does those things, I couldn't help but wonder who will be changing the bulbs after I'm gone? As it stands now we have two men in the store; myself and a 78 year old part-timer. I know he won't be asked to climb to the top of a six-foot ladder to change the bulbs, and I can't see any of the women doing it. Not that women can't change a light bulb, it's just that one woman is very short and it would be a somewhat tricky and challenging task for her to do it, and the other, well, let's just say I can't see her climbing a ladder to change light bulbs. Well, someone is going to have to do it, 'cause I won't be there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT