And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

There's A Lot Going On In My Life Right Now

Despite winding down my school career and preparing to graduate, there is a lot going on in my life right now and sometimes I wonder if I can deal with it all. I have to prepare for my National Board Exam coming up in a couple of days. I have to make plans to move to a new state; reserve the truck, get things packed up, and all of the other tasks essential to a successful move. I have to help my wife with her schoolwork, I have to train my replacement at work. And not just train her in the everyday tasks of work; she will be replacing me as assistant manager, so once I get her trained to do the normal tasks, then I have to take it a step further and train her to run the computer, print the reports, closeout the register, do payroll, weekly summaries, etc etc etc.
I wish I could just quit right now, right this minute, and use all that free time to get some of this stuff done. But I'm obligated until the 21st of April, so I'll just deal with all these things as best I can.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alucard said...

Good luck on the Board Exam. I know how crucial tests can be, having been through the Aviation Selection Test Battery for the Navy, myself. I also know how crazy preparing for one can drive you. All I can say is, it'll eventually be done with, and that'll be a big relief.

The 21st may seem like a while, but pretty soon you'll be out of retail forever.

1:28 AM  
Blogger Trouble said...

Thanks for the visit. Interestingly enough, I used to date a mortician in college. I may have to tell some of those stories.

9:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT