And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Corrections

I received an email from my mother today and she pointed out a couple of errors I had made in my original Meet My Grandparents post. I have since corrected the original posts, but for the benefit of family and friends, I will point them out. I had mentioned that my dad's dad was a steel worker; he was an iron worker. I thought he was killed on a TVA project (that's Tennessee Valley Authority, for people not from around here), but it was the Ford building in Nashville.
As for my mom's parents, I erroneously reported they were married 57 years. In fact, I was ten years off the mark. They were married 67 years.

4 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

67, or even 57, so many years! I'm sure it was very difficult to lose them both so close together.

1:06 AM  
Blogger Granimore said...

Yes, it was a very difficult time for us all. But one thing I was grateful for, neither one of them had to leave their home and go into assisted living or a nursing home. They were able to stay together until the end (they both lived well into their 80s).

1:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to tell you how much I enjoyed your blog.Seems to have been written professionally.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Granimore said...

Thank you, that's very kind of you to say, but I'm just an average guy.

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT