And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Sunday, April 09, 2006

My Last Sunday - Not Without Some Drama

As you all know from my previous post, today was my last Sunday in retail. I prayed before I went in, as I do every Sunday I work, "Please, Lord, let this be an unventful day. Keep the crazy people away, keep the irate people away, don't overwhelm us with customers. Let it be a nice, slow, normal day." And it was, for the most part. The first few customers were really pleasant and easily dealt with.

Then we get a phone call. It seems one of the first few customers in the store (a mother and her daughter) left a Victoria's Secret package somewhere. The daughter called and asked me if anyone had turned in her package. I told her no, but that I would look on the floor on the outside of the counter. I took a lap around the counter and did not see it, so I told her we didn't have it. About 5 minutes later the mother calls, asking the same thing, and asking me to double-check. I did, and I told the mother, no, I'm sorry, there's nothing here. She then asked if there was a lost and found for the mall. I gave her the number and she hung up. About 10 minutes later the dimwitted duo comes marching through the store and says, "I don't suppose you've found it yet?!" Then marches around the counter and out of the store.

If the daughter did leave her package in our store, another customer walked off with it. No one turned it in to us, and we didn't find it at all. But I have a feeling in the pit of my stomach this mother is convinced we stole her daughter's package.

4 Comments:

Blogger Granimore said...

Actually, that was the only blip on an otherwise very pleasant final Sunday.
I'm just grateful it was my last.

8:59 PM  
Blogger Robin said...

At the risk of being Pollyanna, isn't it great when craptacular stuff happens to cement your decision that this is the last day you have to deal with any of these wack-a-do's ever again?!!

9:12 PM  
Blogger Alucard said...

When people lose stuff, their brain falls out. Thank god you won't have to deal with this crap ever again :D

10:04 PM  
Blogger Granimore said...

My sentiments exactly. The mother was probably madder at us for "stealing" her package than she was at her daughter for losng it in the first place.

10:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT