And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Random Bits Of Nothing

If you've been here before, you may have noticed I moved my favorite Bible verse up to the top of the sidebar where it's more visible. It took a little trial and error, as I'm still experimenting with HTML, but I'm pleased I was able to figure it out.

When I first started blogging a couple of weeks ago, I had no idea how much time I would wind up spending here on this site. Not only updating, modifying and maintaining my own blog, but also reading other peoples blogs. In addition, I find myself keeping my mail retriever (Mozilla Thunderbird) open all the time, waiting for the musical "ting" that announces an incoming message, hoping someone has posted a comment. I have also been spending a fair amount of time checking my other mailboxes, looking for responses from family and friends who did not comment directly on my blogsite.

From what I've seen on other blogs, I am not alone in this addiction. However, in a few days I will make my relocation to my new state, and I will be severely limited in my computer access, so regular readers may notice a drop in the frequency of postings. Once my wife arrives (with my computer) three weeks later, things will hopefully get back up to speed. Until that happens, I may have to do what I can from the public library.

Tomorrow is my last day at work. While I am grateful to be moving on to bigger and better things, I am leaving behind 9 1/2 years of myself in that store, so I'm not surprised that I'm feeling a little twinge of nostalgia and sentimentality, despite my abhorrence of that job.
I'm leaving behind a lot of good friends in that store; CST, ACT, ETB, BBL. You guys know who you are. I'm going to miss you all.

1 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

As far as looking forward to the blog comments, I can totally relate. Every one is still a thrill for me! Anyway, I walked on clouds after reading your comment back from "You Can't Go Home Again", it validated, for lack of a less cheese-tastic word at the moment, the way I'd been feeling.

6:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT