And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Sunday, April 16, 2006

Some Thoughts On Easter

I am not a scholar or theologian or a biblical expert by any means. The following topic is my opinion only, written by me to satisfy my own curiosity about what Jesus did on the cross and why. I welcome your comments, opinions and insights.

Why Did Jesus Have To Die?

God is God: All powerful, all knowing, eternal, immortal, from Everlasting to Everlasting. He could have saved us any way he chose. Why send his son to die?

Romans 5:8 “But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”

One: Romans 5:8 holds one answer; it proves God’s love for us. God sent his own son to be tortured and murdered. God knew Jesus would rise in three days, but does that change the fact of his cruel abuse at the hands of men? Would you let someone you love be tortured to the very brink of death, even though you knew they would eventually recover and their wounds would heal?

Two: By dying on the cross, Jesus brought the gift of salvation to man. Salvation is not, cannot be, about what we do. Anything we can do of ourselves can be undone. Jesus cannot be uncrucified, he cannot be unscourged. His gift was permanent, everlasting.

Three: Nothing else He could have done would have the same meaning and impact. Would people devote themselves to Him if all he had done was to offer us a token gift? Would Mel Gibson have made his movie "The Passion of the Christ" if the Passion, the gift, in question were a few encouraging statements or some trifle, like a bookmark or pen and pencil set?

Four: Nothing else could or would inspire our faith and require our faith. Would missionaries put themselves in mortal peril over encouraging statements? Would they travel thousands of miles into strange countries to tell people who, many times, are hostile to the gospel that God loved us so much he gave us some bookmarks to live by? Would they risk their lives over some trifle of a gift?

John 15:13 “Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.”

Jesus ALWAYS practiced what he preach. He is our standard, our example to emulate, the embodiment of how we should be living our lives. Jesus never asked anyone to do what HE himself was not willing to do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT