And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Friday, May 05, 2006

Speak Of The Devil

No sooner did I finish my Happy Birthday post than I get the call. A patient in a nearby hospital passed and we went to pick her up. They sent another guy with me, and he watched as I went through the process, told me where to park, where to go to get the paperwork, etc. We got her loaded up and drove her directly to the crematory. I guess there will not be a funeral; maybe a memorial service later.

I don't think I could have done all of this solo; not yet, anyway. In time, I will learn the ins and outs of making removals, be they from hospitals, homes, or hospice. I would like to do a few more team removals before I'm left on my own. I'm not sure when that will be; a couple of weeks from now or my very next call...who knows?

1 Comments:

Blogger Alucard said...

Well, I suppose as in any business, "practice makes perfect" :D

9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT