And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Monday, May 22, 2006

My Least Favorite Part Of The Job

After about a month of steadily working in my new career, I believe I have discovered my least favorite part of the job: working visitations after-hours. The afternoon visitations are ok, when we have to be there anyway. There's usually at least two or three people around, you can still get some work done, and you can always find someone to talk to. However, after-hours visitations are a whole different ballgame. You are usually there alone, you really can't do a lot of work because you have to watch the door, make sure people are directed to the proper viewing room, be available to answer any questions, and in general just mill around the lobby for two hours. I don't like that at all. Plus, I hesitate to sit down because it looks unprofessional in front of the guests. So two hours on my feet in dress shoes equals sore feet for the rest of the evening. And yes, I am gellin' like a felon, but it doesn't help much. Despite this one aspect, I am so grateful to be working in my chosen field and even more grateful that I'm no longer stuck at the mall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT