And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Monday, June 12, 2006

Too Much Time On My Hands?

I usually don't post multiple entries on the same day, but I'm having a little bit of difficulty filling up my spare time. When I was in school, this wasn't a problem. My commute to school was 90 minutes each way, a couple of days a week. Work was an average of 40-42 hours each week, then there was church on Sunday morning, homework to be done, laundry, cooking, cleaning, etc. Plus, I had my favorite TV shows to keep up with (Mythbusters, Modern Marvels, pretty much anything on the Discovery Channel). My days were pretty packed from start to finish. Now, though, that's all behind me. I work banker's hours (8-5) and have my evenings to spend with my wife. I enjoy that, and we get to eat supper together regularly, but after supper she likes to watch TV. I don't watch it as much as I used to before the move, so I usually retire to the bedroom and fire up Winamp and listen to some music while playing Freecell or Spider Solitaire, or surfing the web.

However, this routine is growing old quickly. There are classes I can take for free online at the Hewlett Packard website. I don't have the link right now, but I've been considering taking their HTML course. But I'm not even sure about that, because I really don't have the interest in HTML that I did when I first started this blog. I need to find something, though. I've considered reloading my EA baseball game, or firing up Tiger Woods PGA tour, but I haven't gotten around to doing that yet. I've read a few books from the local library (which is a great library, by the way, better than my old one). Somebody pointed out to me that I now had time for a hobby, I guess I just have to figure out what that will be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT