And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Things They Don't Teach You In School

Today we went to a small cemetery to make preparations to install a granite monument. We dug the hole, set the form down in the hole, then mixed up about 200 pounds worth of concrete mix and filled the form with the concrete to form the foundation, or footing. In a week or so we will take the monument and base (totaling about 900 pounds) and permanently install them. I don't seem to remember any classes in mortuary school that dealt with erecting granite monuments. It was actually an enjoyable day to do this, though. The sun was shining, and there was a nice breeze blowing. Despite the physical labor and the high temperature, we didn't get too hot. I don't think I'll be able to say that next week after we wrestle the 300 pound base and 600 pound monument into position.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT