And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Dying Alone

We had a gentleman a few weeks ago who died without any family around. He had one child who lived all the way across the country, and apparently they did not get along. We took care of the arrangements, including a visitation and a memorial book. Only a couple of people came to pay their respects, and today, while a family was saying farewell to their mother, I couldn't help but reflect on how terrible it would be to die and have no one show up to say goodbye. Even if someone were despised and hated, I think that would be better than dying alone. In order to be hated, people have to know you exist. How much more terrible to die alone and unknown? No close friends, no one to send flowers, no one missing you. Please don't ever let that be me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT