And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Monday, July 10, 2006

Looking Forward To Christmas

I know it seems odd to be talking about Christmas in July, but remember that I come from the Hell On Earth known as retail, and July/August is about the time retailers start planning for the Christmas shopping season. Thanks to my 20 years in retail, I grew to despise the Christmas season. I would get grouchy and irritable, just thinking about how much I was going to hate working those 9 hour days, 6 days a week from Thanksgiving to New Year. I was Scrooge and by God, I was proud of it! My wife once asked me, "Are you ever going to enjoy Christmas?" I told her I would as soon as I wasn't working retail when Christmas arrived. Well, I'm no longer in retail and I'm looking forward to the holidays. Of course, what will be very sad is when it's Christmas Eve or something and I get a death call and have to go pick up a body. How terrible that will be for that family to lose someone during the holidays.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT