And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Monday, July 31, 2006

They Like Me! They Really Like Me!


I found out today from a reliable source that both the owner and my immediate supervisor are impressed with me. The owner indicated to this source that he hopes I stay on after I complete my internship, and my supervisor told this same source that there wasn't any situation I couldn't handle. I'm not so sure about that, but I'm grateful that I know where I stand and that I'm doing as well or better than I suspected.

The old employee started back today. So far he seems pretty sociable and I don't foresee any personality clashes or conflicts. He indicated his willingness to teach me everything I need to know, and I am certainly willing to learn. For all of my education and schooling, it is quite different to actually be performing the work hands-on. There is no substitute for practical experience.

Today we successfully emailed our first obit photo to the newspaper. We've had the capability all along, but since my arrival and my admitted proficiency with computers, they are slowly bringing themselves up to where they need to be. Plus, since they've been so shorthanded all year, this is the first opportunity they've had to experiment with this process. We'll see how it works out when we get the paper in the morning.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sank said...

Congratulations, I can imagine that it feels fantastic to be in a career you like, and then to get great feedback on your performance. Of course if you like what you do, it's always eaiser to excel at it.

One note, when you write "my owner" sounds like this is an indetured gig... I get what you mean though. Good job!

7:57 AM  
Blogger Granimore said...

Thank you, I appreciate the support. Also, thanks for pointing out my little indentured servitude faux-pas. I have corrected the sentence, as you may have noticed, to read "the owner."

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT