And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Fingerprinted

Today I had to go to the sheriff's office and get fingerprinted as part of the requirements for becoming a funeral director/embalmer intern. The last time I was fingerprinted was in 1982, when I joined the Navy. I also had to complete an internet course on communicable diseases.
When I went to the sheriff's office, I ran into someone from my old town. He had worked security at the mall where I worked, but retired about 5 or 6 years ago. He recognized me, but he wasn't sure where he knew me from until I asked him, "Shouldn't you be at the mall chasing shoplifters?"
Talk about a small world.

Yesterday I posted about the new hearse we will probably be getting in the next few months. One of my regular readers asked me how much they cost. I don't have an exact figure, but $50,000 would be a reasonable estimate. I'll let you know the final cost when we take delivery.

5 Comments:

Blogger She thought she was alone said...

It's werid who you run into in the strangest places. Wow 50,000? That is alot. Hope you guys are able to get it.

10:03 AM  
Blogger Granimore said...

We'll get it, because we need it badly. It's just a question of when.

7:20 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Hi Granimore!
My name is Carol and I am the conductor of the Friends of the Friendless Marching Band.
I choose friendless sites to feature every Friendly Friday.
You are part of the band march this week.
Being a "friendless site" only means that someone thinks your blog
doesn’t get enough comments and wants you singled out to get more attention.
I hope you will come play along.

$50,000 sounds pretty reasonable to me for any vehicle.

12:18 PM  
Blogger sister celtic said...

HI GRANIMORE...I'M WITH THE BAND FFMB. YOU HAVE AN INTERESTING BLOG I WILL BE BACK..WHEN YOU GET THE NEW HEARSE WHEN IT'S NOT IN USE MAYBE THE BAND CAN CRUISE AROUND IN IT..GIGGLE.. I WILL BE BACK..

2:08 PM  
Anonymous RomyNo1 said...

Hi, I'm with the FFMB. I like your writing; it's really interesting!

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

TEXT