And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Fingerprinted

Today I had to go to the sheriff's office and get fingerprinted as part of the requirements for becoming a funeral director/embalmer intern. The last time I was fingerprinted was in 1982, when I joined the Navy. I also had to complete an internet course on communicable diseases.
When I went to the sheriff's office, I ran into someone from my old town. He had worked security at the mall where I worked, but retired about 5 or 6 years ago. He recognized me, but he wasn't sure where he knew me from until I asked him, "Shouldn't you be at the mall chasing shoplifters?"
Talk about a small world.

Yesterday I posted about the new hearse we will probably be getting in the next few months. One of my regular readers asked me how much they cost. I don't have an exact figure, but $50,000 would be a reasonable estimate. I'll let you know the final cost when we take delivery.

4 Comments:

Blogger Granimore said...

We'll get it, because we need it badly. It's just a question of when.

7:20 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Hi Granimore!
My name is Carol and I am the conductor of the Friends of the Friendless Marching Band.
I choose friendless sites to feature every Friendly Friday.
You are part of the band march this week.
Being a "friendless site" only means that someone thinks your blog
doesn’t get enough comments and wants you singled out to get more attention.
I hope you will come play along.

$50,000 sounds pretty reasonable to me for any vehicle.

12:18 PM  
Blogger won tong said...

HI GRANIMORE...I'M WITH THE BAND FFMB. YOU HAVE AN INTERESTING BLOG I WILL BE BACK..WHEN YOU GET THE NEW HEARSE WHEN IT'S NOT IN USE MAYBE THE BAND CAN CRUISE AROUND IN IT..GIGGLE.. I WILL BE BACK..

2:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm with the FFMB. I like your writing; it's really interesting!

9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT