And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a retired Funeral Director and Embalmer who started this blog in 2006 to document my transition from retail into Funeral Services. I'm not sure comments are working as of July 2026. If you have questions email me using the Email Me link below.

Email me

Friday, September 15, 2006

News Stories

I never really thought about it before I started working in funeral services, but when you read a news story about a tragic car accident where people are killed, or a dead baby found in a dumpster, a funeral home will ultimately be involved in handling the remains. For me, I didn't realize this until I read a a similiar article in yesterday's paper, and this evening I found out we may be taking care of the funeral. I'm not used to actually being part of a news story. Usually, you read the story and that's the end of it. Not so for me. I read the story yesterday, and now, I will be in the middle of it. It just strikes me as surreal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT