And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Conclusions

I've been thinking about what my boss said last week, about me rising to the next level. I believe he was talking about me in a capacity beyond work. It is my belief that he thinks (and is probably very much correct) that I am too timid and play it too safe. I'm not much of a risk taker. Relocating to a new state after graduation and starting a new career is the biggest move I've made since I joined the Navy after high school. I am not one to take chances, for several reasons. First and foremost, it helps to have a lot of money when you take chances, because if things go wrong, you are not left high and dry with no means of support. Right now we don't have that kind of disposable income available to us. Later, perhaps... Secondly, I have a family to provide for. At the back of my mind I know that I am responsible for them and their well being, and I hesitate to do anything that might jeopardize that situation. Lastly, I'm just not very courageous. Yes, I've done things that have required courage; leaving home for the Navy, getting married, having children. But these are things that billions of people all over the world do every day. What's so special about me doing it, also? I'm not one to put myself "out there" and risk it all for personal or financial gain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT