And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a retired Funeral Director and Embalmer who started this blog in 2006 to document my transition from retail into Funeral Services. I'm not sure comments are working as of July 2026. If you have questions email me using the Email Me link below.

Email me

Saturday, October 07, 2006

Second Solo House Removal

I performed my second solo house removal today. The boss called and gave me the info, but I wasn't sure where the house was. He said "we" could check the maps at the funeral home, so I assumed he was coming in and going with me. So when I arrived at the funeral home, I waited a few minutes, and then he called me again to make sure I was there, and told me to go on ahead. So I did. I wasn't as nervous this time as I was the first, but I was still a touch on the apprehensive side. Things went fairly smoothly. The only thing I could have done better was the actual transfer of the deceased to the cot. That was a little out of kilter because this was a larger body, but overall I am satisfied with myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT