And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Friday, October 20, 2006

Missing Caskets

We received the rest of our large casket order today. We took delivery on 9 more. It was to have been 10 but we sent one back due to damage. However, in between these two deliveries, we had sold three caskets, so we only had to find room for 6 more, which we did. We moved three into the vacancies created by the sale of the previous three, then we put the rest into a storage room inside the building.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm curious why you have so many caskets in stock? Are these imports? Do you distribute to other funeral homes?

8:45 PM  
Blogger Granimore said...

By buying several caskets at once, the owner is usually able to get a decent discount. And by having a large selection of caskets available, it increases the chances that when a preneed contract is fulfilled (the person dies), we will have the type of casket they picked on hand, rather than having to special order it.

10:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT