And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Not Going To Worry About It

In my previous post, someone left a comment asking me if I had any further training. No, I haven't, and I've decided I'm not going to worry about it. If I make a mistake, so be it. If I total up the price wrong, or forget to add in a price and undercharge, too bad. I've been asking and asking for weeks now to be shown how to do these things, but apparently I'm more valuable as a painter, landscaper and janitor.

Sorry, I don't mean to sound bitter, but I would much rather be doing funeral director tasks than Joe Handyman tasks. But, I do realize that when business is slow, you've got to take advantage of the opportunity to get some needed work done. We aren't doing these things because the Owner is trying to give us "busy work." Still, I wish he would understand that it's also a good time to sit down with your intern and teach him a few things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT