And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

No Bike Ride

The weather was too cool and wet to go biking, so we just stuck around town, ran a few errands and such. My sister is in town, so we've spending time with her. It's good to see her again; it's been almost a year since I saw her last.

Work is going well. We got three calls last night/this morning. All three were embalming cases, but I only assisted with one as two of those calls came after hours last night, and I wasn't on call. Those first two are ship-outs, but the third is a local service.

The owner is out of town for a few days, but we're still working as if he's standing right over us. And I know when he comes back he'll want to see the funeral home neat and clean. That won't be a problem, even if we have to work extra hard the day before his return.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please tell me something. I have heard that people who work as undertakers (etc) have difficulty forming friendships as people see them as odd and weird. The statement also said they tend to only have family friendships and work place friendships. Have you found this for your self?

1:02 AM  
Blogger Granimore said...

Well, to be honest, I've been in my town for almost a year, and the only friendships I've made are at work and at church. I attend the same church as the owner, so people there are more receptive to me than normal.
The very first stranger I ever talked about my career with (this was when I was in school and still working retail) actually backed away from me two steps when she heard what I wanted to do. So, I wouldn't be surprised if what you heard was true, to one degree or another.

7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT