And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Friday, February 16, 2007

Surprise!

I got a rather startling surprise this morning at work. I knew we had a funeral, followed by burial at the National Cemetery. The services called for a limousine to carry the family. We were discussing who would be driving the limousine when my boss said to the guy who asked about the driving tasks, "you take limousine and Granimore can drive the hearse to the cemetery." I was stunned. I assumed my boss would be coming with us today, but once again he elected to stay behind and let me handle the procession. So for the second day in a row, I led the procession to the National Cemetery, handled the services up there, took care of the family, and made it back all in one piece.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sank said...

Outstanding! Sounds like confidence is building all time, both yours and your bosses!

5:44 PM  
Blogger Granimore said...

I'm not sure if it's confidence in me on their part, or if it's just that we're short-handed with the owner on vacation :)

Still, I hope the owner will be pleased to know that I was able to step up and assume some responsibilities.

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT