And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Saturday, March 10, 2007

Jesus Trading Cards













These are some of the pictures on our prayer cards, which we use for Catholic funerals. They are bifold; meaning they fold in half. On the inside left is a poem or obituary of the deceased, on the right side is birthdate, deathdate, information pertaining to the service, such as when and where, who's officiating, and lastly, the final resting place. I like to refer to them as "Jesus Trading Cards" because when visitors come in, they will flip through the assortment until they find a picture they like before they take one. I imagine them going up to other visitors and saying, "I'll trade you my Suffering Savior for your Holy Mother."
I know, I'm warped. But it's ok, God made me this way.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sank said...

Excellent. You know, you can actually get Rabbi trading cards in New York with all the Hassidic sages from history on them.

11:32 AM  
Blogger Granimore said...

No, I didn't know that. That's actually pretty ironic.

5:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT