And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

An Unexpected Trip

I was at work this morning, drinking a cup of coffee, when the boss walks in and announces that somebody is going to have to drive to the state capital to pick up a body from the medical examiner's office. We had known about this call for a few days, but the last we heard we had lost it to one of the competing funeral homes in the area. I don't know any of the details, but apparently we had gotten the call back. So I get my paperwork together and take off for the capital, which is about a two hour drive. I get there, find the medical examiner's office, get loaded up and head back. Along the way back I stopped at Burger King for lunch, (in case you are wondering how I had lunch with a dead body in the back of the van, I parked out of the way, walked in and got my food to go, then ate while driving-I would have used the drive-thru, but I had to use the bathroom) then called in to see if I should bring the body back to the funeral home or deliver it straight to the crematory. It turns that this case was a direct cremation, so I had to take some extra time to make the drop-off. In all, I was on the road about six hours, which suited me just fine. We have been so busy this month, it's unreal; 27 calls in 27 days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT