And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Thursday, March 08, 2007

Up All Night

Last night about 10:45 I get a call. One of our clients who had pre-arranged and pre-paid their funeral passed away. Usually in cases like this we go get the body and bring it back to the funeral home. The only problem here is that this person had moved about 3 hours away to be closer to family. So at 11:15 I leave the funeral home parking lot and drive 3 hours to make the pickup. It took about 20 minutes or so to get the paperwork and get the body loaded, and then I was back on the road. In all, it took about 7 hours, what with stopping for gas and restroom breaks. I climbed into bed at 6am this morning and slept until 11:30. Ordinarily I would not have today off, but my boss told me before I left last night that I wouldn't have to come in today.

Actually, I rather enjoyed my drive. The moon was bright in the sky, the interstate was deserted, the stars were out, and I turned on the radio and tuned in some late night preaching. It was a good drive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT