And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Sunday, March 18, 2007

The Last Man On Earth

I remember when I was kid I saw the movie, "The Omega Man" starring Charlton Heston. It's about the last man on earth, survivor of a plague or biological war.
Ever since I saw that, I've always wondered what it would be like to be the last man on earth, and what I would do to fill the time. One idea I had the other night was to find a large, domed stadium and set up the world's largest domino fall. You know, where you set dominoes up on end and make a path, then tip the first one over and watch the rest of them fall. My son says the only problem with this is that there would be no one to share the joy with. I disagree, I would be plenty happy to watch it all by myself.
What might you do?

4 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

I think that once I had eaten all the food that I could find I would walk around looking at everyone's books. If I found an unmanned Barnes and Noble with a still working coffee machine, I don't think I'd ever come out!!! Do you care if I share this question over on my blog?

4:38 PM  
Blogger Granimore said...

The Barnes and Noble would great for evenings, but during the day I would also be playing golf.
Feel free to use any ideas you see here. I don't mind.

4:45 PM  
Blogger Sank said...

That one of my favorite movies! Have you read the short story which inspired it "I Am Legend"? Great stuff.

7:52 AM  
Blogger Granimore said...

No, I never read that story. Who wrote it?
I love "End of the World" scenarios and movies. I enjoyed "The Day After" and "The Last Testament." Those were good movies, if a bit unsettling.

4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT