And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Just How Mundane Are These Lives?

Paris Hilton, whom I view as a complete waste of skin and a useless drain on society, has been sentenced to 45 days in jail for violating the conditions of her DUI probation. A petition has been started in an attempt to get Gov. Schwarznegger to pardon her. This is the opening paragraph:

Paris Whitney Hilton is an American celebrity and socialite. She is an heiress to a share of the Hilton Hotel fortune, as well as to the real estate fortune of her father Richard Hilton. She provides hope for young people all over the U.S. and the world. She provides beauty and excitement to (most of) our otherwise mundane lives.

I just have a couple of questions. Since when does being related to someone have any bearing on violating the law? How, exactly, does she provide hope for young people all over? Do young girls look at her and think, "gee, she's so pretty and exciting. I wish I could grow up to be a useless spoiled rich brat who has no shame and spends all of her free time in search of the next cheap thrill."

If you have to look to a celebrity for excitement and beauty, instead of trying to create it yourself, then, truly, your life must be mundane indeed.

2 Comments:

Blogger Alucard said...

This statement pisses me off- "She provides hope for young people all over the U.S. and the world. She provides beauty and excitement to (most of) our otherwise mundane lives," especially the second part. Do they really think they'll get our sympathy by talking down to the rest of us?

9:29 AM  
Blogger Granimore said...

I agree completely. You might as well say, "she's too special to go to jail because she knows how to have fun."
It's just ridiculous. Someone told me there is a counter-petition going around which has thousands more signatures than the original. I hope that's true.

4:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT