And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a retired Funeral Director and Embalmer who started this blog in 2006 to document my transition from retail into Funeral Services. I'm not sure comments are working as of July 2026. If you have questions email me using the Email Me link below.

Email me

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I Have Snatched The Pebble From His Hand

I have learned more about embalming from Returning Employee than anybody. We work well together and have done many many cases. Returning Employee and I were embalming two bodies on Sunday morning. He was having trouble raising the right carotid artery. He said he couldn't feel anything like an artery; maybe it was a small one. He asked me to come over and see what I thought. I poked around inside the neck for a few moments, grabbed a couple of aneurysm hooks, and in just a moment or two had the artery raised. Later, when we decided to shoot up the left side of the head, I told him to let me know if he needed any help with the artery. His response was that he was going to let me go ahead and do it, since I did such a fine job on the first artery. Naturally, I got the second one up in just a few moments, as well. I told him I would not tell anyone, except maybe
My Wife
The Secretary
Takes A Day Off
My Boss
The Owner
Owner's Wife
and I kept my word.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT