And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Saturday, February 20, 2010

To Boldly Go

I know it's been a couple of weeks since my last post. I've been using that time to try out "Star Trek" online. I'm on the fence about it. I'll have to keep playing and see where it takes me and if I want to continue.

Work continues to be busy, although we have slowed down just a tad. Instead of all burials, we're starting to get a few simple cremations or cremations with full service. Me and my boss haven't butted heads lately, but he did get a call last night, probably around 8pm or so. For reasons known only to him, he left the body for me and Returning Employee to embalm this morning. We also had a snafu with the tissue donation people. They picked up a body at the hospital, and after their harvesting procedures, were to return the body to us this morning at 10:30. Returning Employee camped out at the new location, waiting to receive it. Finally, around noon, we called. Turns out the body had not been picked up to bring to us. They showed up eventually, around 2pm. Of course, they had no face sheet or paperwork from the hospital, which means Monday we'll have to call the hospital and get medical records to give us the name of a doctor we can contact about signing the death certificate. While I admire the concept of organ and tissue donation, screw ups like this make me dread those calls where the tissue people get involved.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT