And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Saturday, February 06, 2010

Another Thing I Hate

Visitors who arrive late to the funeral service. When we tell you the service starts at 11, we mean 11. Not 11:15, not 11:30. I cannot tell you how many funerals I have worked where guests arrive 10-15 minutes late. I have even seen visitors arrive after the funeral was over and everybody was leaving. Punctuality, or lack of it, is one of my pet peeves. I am anal-retentive when it comes to being on time, and my attitude is if I can be punctual, so can anybody else. It's not that hard, especially when you have a couple of days to plan ahead.

Edit: February 20, 2010. I also hate when people wait until after I've packed up the guest book and thank you cards to ask if they can sign the book. Why didn't you sign when you came in? Also, if there is no book out on display, the family didn't want one. Don't come asking me where it is, then get all pissy because the family didn't buy one.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you sound like me! it never fails, every single time i take the register book and prayer cards and put them in the bag for the family, someone has to come and ask to sign it and say they did not get any prayer cards! uhhgg! and don't even get me started on how they react when the family actually did not purchase a register book! watch out! people are ruthless! they ask me "why not?!?!" well...how the heck do I know!

11:57 AM  
Blogger Granimore said...

I hate when families don't have a guestbook and the guests get bent out of shape. I also hate when the family chooses simple cremation and friends get upset because there's no funeral.

4:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT