And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a retired Funeral Director and Embalmer who started this blog in 2006 to document my transition from retail into Funeral Services. I'm not sure comments are working as of July 2026. If you have questions email me using the Email Me link below.

Email me

Saturday, April 01, 2006

Corrections

I received an email from my mother today and she pointed out a couple of errors I had made in my original Meet My Grandparents post. I have since corrected the original posts, but for the benefit of family and friends, I will point them out. I had mentioned that my dad's dad was a steel worker; he was an iron worker. I thought he was killed on a TVA project (that's Tennessee Valley Authority, for people not from around here), but it was the Ford building in Nashville.
As for my mom's parents, I erroneously reported they were married 57 years. In fact, I was ten years off the mark. They were married 67 years.

4 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

67, or even 57, so many years! I'm sure it was very difficult to lose them both so close together.

1:06 AM  
Blogger Granimore said...

Yes, it was a very difficult time for us all. But one thing I was grateful for, neither one of them had to leave their home and go into assisted living or a nursing home. They were able to stay together until the end (they both lived well into their 80s).

1:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to tell you how much I enjoyed your blog.Seems to have been written professionally.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Granimore said...

Thank you, that's very kind of you to say, but I'm just an average guy.

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT