And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Monday, April 22, 2013

I Have Lost My Joy

If you read (or have read) this blog from the very beginning, you will see there was a time when I was nervous, excited, and happy to be out of retail and working in my chosen profession. Every day was different; you could wake up one morning and find yourself dispatched to a far-away city on a call, or going at suppertime to make a removal and come back to work and embalm the body. From one day to the next, it seemed as if each day was unique. While that primarily is still true, these past few weeks since the other director quit have been very busy and very stressful. We are so terribly busy and there is so much work to be done. I am seriously burnt out right now. It would be so wonderful to have a week or so with no calls at either locations so we can concentrate on catching up on yard work, cleaning and maintenance. To be brutally honest, if I were to win the lottery I would quit in a heartbeat. And I don't mean quit the funeral home I work at, I mean quit for good. Retire. Relax. Travel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT