And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Wednesday, January 09, 2013

Know Your Technology

We had a visitation this week and the family decided to scan their own photos and make their own photo slideshow. That's great, I love it when families do the work, but if you're going to do it, know how to operate your computer. They were using a Macbook, which I know absolutely nothing about. I told them we did not have the adapter to connect their Mac to our TV/monitor. So what happens? They show up with their Macbook and no adapter. I had to run out to Best Buy in the middle of visitation to get one. When I return, I tell the owner of the Macbook I have the adapter, but don't know where to connect it to her laptop and get the slideshow running. She tells me she has to call her tech guy to help her. It would have been better had they given us the photos and let us take care of it all.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Ang said...

This happens to us at least twice a week. The last family brought a CD with 26 photos and 4 songs. Just the files. Not in any sort of program.

11:57 PM  
Blogger Granimore said...

I like it when families scan their own photos, but I wish they would then bring me the CD and let me finish the movie. Most of the time the CD doesn't work in our laptop, our they've used PowerPoint, which we don't have.

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT