And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Burned Out

I am so tired of some of the things that are happening at work. I still like my job and enjoy it so much more than anything I've ever done. However, no matter where you work or what you do, you will always find people who work hard, and people who just squeak by.  In my workplace, I'm in the former group, along with our secretary. Our other director (not the owner) and Returning Employee are in the latter. For example, yesterday I had a service at the National Cemetery. Saturday I had embalmed, but the body needed to be sutured and bathed. When I returned from the cemetery, not only had the other director not touched the body, but he hadn't bothered to empty the trash. So I immediately sutured and bathed the body, then emptied the trash, then cleaned out the chapel from the service on Saturday, then vacuumed the chapel and got things ready for our visitation this afternoon. In the meantime, Returning Employee, who is retiring soon and pretty much already checked out, went home at lunch and the other director spent his free time playing solitaire and checking his Facebook page.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree w you...no matter where you work, there will always be slackers who don't really care about their jobs. They ride on other people's coattails and just don't seem to feel guilty about it.
You should feel good about yourself for having the pride in your work, I'm sure your clients really appreciate you and your dedication.

Still enjoying your blog...thanks!

Karla

11:59 PM  
Blogger Granimore said...

Thanks for the support, Karla. I don't mean to come across that I'm the only that works; it only feels like it sometimes. Thanks for commenting.

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prayers for you. Please try and remember that God sees your heart and passion for your work. You make an incredible impact on the lives you touch, daily. God also sees how hard you're working and you will be blessed for this.

3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT