And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Thursday, July 19, 2012

So Far, So Good

Things have been going fairly well at work. The boss and I have not had any major issues so far, thank God. There was only one incident, a minor one. In February the owner took delivery on a brand new hearse, a 2012 Cadillac worth $78,000. It was decided this hearse would only be used locally. When my boss took over, he took our second best hearse over to the other location. So one day last week we had a service at the National Cemetery. Naturally, we used the brand new hearse. Halfway up the road, my boss calls asking why we didn't come get the other hearse. I calmly replied that it never occurred to me, and that I'm sorry I didn't think of that, and I would know better next time.

Today we discussed some other changes he's contemplating. One idea I do like is putting a digital photo frame or small computer monitor at the sign-in stand and putting the deceased's photo and service information on a looping slideshow. I think that would actually work very well and look a little bit more modern.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT