And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Thursday, July 05, 2012

Rearranging

The new owner immediately started implementing some changes. We emptied all of the caskets out of our selection room. This will be turned into a hospitality room, with tables, coffee, tea, etc for families that would like to rent the space. Our secondary visitation room is now our selection room. My arms and back were sore after that operation. We moved 18 caskets around. That's a lot of moving. At least half wound up in the new selection room, with the rest being put back into storage. We had two calls yesterday, both of them burials, so we pulled the selected caskets and then broke two more out of storage to put in their place. I told my boss it was just like old times. He had a habit of picking me to help move caskets around, even when other employees were sitting on their asses doing nothing, and I was being productive and actually working. Oh well. So far we have not had any conflicts, and I'm very careful of things I say around him.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, how's it going so far with the boss? Don't ya love when your the one busting ass and the others are, well, doing nothing and you're the one who is handed more work! And most of the time the ones who are sitting around don't offer to pitch in or ask if there is anything they can do for you?
Also, is the new boss letting you do 'any' arrangements at all? I would think he would want you to do as many as possible so you would know how to handle the more complex arrangements if the time came when he was not available to do them...

5:46 PM  
Blogger Granimore said...

He's doing most of the arrangements himself. I view my role right now as janitor. I keep the place clean, empty the trash, etc.

7:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT