And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Thursday, August 30, 2012

What We Have Here Is Failure To Communicate

Things are going ok at work. My boss and I are getting along ok, but he has one habit that is maddening. He frequently forgets to tell us important things we need to know. For example, the other day he had a service at church which he said he might want me to direct. It was a small memorial service. I would show up with the guest book and memorial cards and guide visitors to the guest book and give them a card. So I show up the morning of the service to find that he has already gone ahead to church and that I was not needed. He could have told me; it would have saved me a trip. Then today I come in to find we have a funeral in the morning, then a viewing and visitation in the afternoon and evening. Our morning funeral was planned to allow us to meet the family at church, have mass, then return with the body and arrange for the cremation. No viewing or visitation at all. While I am on my way home from work, I get a call from my fellow director, who tells me that the family will be in first thing tomorrow morning for a viewing prior to mass, and that I need to put together a guest book and memorial cards. Holy Cow! How long had the boss known this, and why are we just finding out at quitting time? Frustrating.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT