And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Thursday, January 24, 2013

He's Got Other Things To Do

There's been some changes at work. Returning Employee has semi-retired. He now works just two days a week. We haven't hired a replacement yet, but I think plans are in the works to do so. We also have a new intern. He's a licensed pre-need agent, which means he can sell preplanned funerals. He also has his intern's license, so when he completes his apprenticeship and passes the National Board he can take the state test and go for his Funeral Directing and Embalming license. However, since he's so busy selling preneed and such, he's never around to help with the day to day operations. We had to wash a couple of the cars the other day, and we asked if he was going to help. We got the usual answer from the boss: "He's got other things to do." No matter what we need to do around the funeral home, he's never available to help because he's got other things to do. It's kind of frustrating, because I've been licensed since 2008, yet I'm still the one who empties the trash every morning. Oh well. What can you do?

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Your style of writing is incredibly entertaining, I enjoyed it thoroughly! More updates please!!

7:00 AM  
Blogger Granimore said...

Thank you. I appreciate the comments. Thanks for reading!

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT