And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Working Christmas Day

As luck would have it, the on call rotation worked out to where I was on call for Christmas weekend. In all honesty, I didn't mind too much. After our last big weekend, we've been very quiet. My only concern was being called out to someone's house on Christmas Day. That would have sucked.
We wound up with three calls on Christmas Day. One was an assisted living facility. I did not make that removal. It came in at 4am. My shift didn't start until 8am. The second call came in around 3pm. This was a local nursing home. The last call was around 9:30pm. This was a residence, but there was no family in attendance, only neighbors and friends. The son was out of town.
I have not been called out today, but I'm on duty until 8am Monday morning. We'll see what happens overnight. I hope all of you out there had the kind of Holiday you wanted, be it with family and friends or just a quiet weekend to yourself. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT