And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Friday, October 15, 2010

Maturing As A Director

We had a ship in earlier this week. Everything had been prearranged, all that was needed was to sit down with the family and find out if they wanted flowers, a memorial package, and to collect money for the clergy to perform the funeral. It's a graveside service at the cemetery. My boss (the owner) told me that I could finish that arrangement. They came in yesterday and I got everything worked out. In a way, you could say this was my first burial arrangement, even though I didn't do much. Still, we all have to start somewhere. My boss is out of town, and since he's the embalmer on call for his team, I asked the owner who was going to do any embalmings that may come in. He told me to call him, and then I asked him when I would be allowed to do my own. Whenever I get a call that needs embalming, Returning Employee comes in to do the work. I've been licensed for almost 3 years, and have been learning for 5, and it was decided I can start performing my own embalmings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT