And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Thursday, September 23, 2010

Lose What?

Today I went on a house call. As usual, it happened right at lunchtime, right as my microwave pizza was about to finish cooking. I arrive at the house with another associate, and the family was, shall we say, a little unbalanced? We explained that before we took their loved one, we would let them spend as much time saying goodbye as they wanted. They go into the bedroom to say their farewells, so we go to the coach to get the stretcher. When we come back in the house, the hospice worker ushers them out of the bedroom so we can make the removal. I had decided to just pick up the body and carry it into the living room, as there was not a way to maneuver the stretcher into the bedroom. As we are wrapping the body in a bedsheet, the daughter comes running back into the bedroom to say even more farewells. The hospice worker gently ushers her back into the other room, and my coworker and I get the body up and into the living room and onto a stretcher. Again, the daughter spends a few more moments saying goodbye, and then asks this question, "Do I need to sign a receipt or anything in case you lose the body?" I told her no, and we got out of there as quickly as possible before any more unusual questions were asked of us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT