And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Working The Crematory

Yesterday I spent all day working the crematory. I cremated three bodies. It was hot hot hot. It's a dirty job and one I'm glad I don't have to do all day, every day. I would go nuts. One thing about me, I can't stand mindless repetition. Doing the same thing every day, with no variation or appreciable difference. I once worked an assembly line job for Hayes modems. Put out the packaging, drop in all accessories and documentation, insert product, close package, send through shrink wrap. Repeat 3 or 4 times daily. I lasted three months. One thing I love about my job, is it's never the same day twice. One day we can have a funeral, another day we'll be embalming, some days we have nothing going on, some days we'll be gone all day to the National Cemetery or a long-distance removal.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Shicky said...

So I just needed to say thank you for this blog. I found it about a week ago and I have been reading non-stop since. I'm currently a forensic science student, working towards my associates degree. I will graduate in a few quarters and then it's off to Cincinatti College of Mortuary Science I go. I am so excited to be going into the funeral business. Is there anything you wished you knew going in that you know now? Any savy pointers for a student? Thanks again for your wonderful blog. Keep up the good work!

9:34 PM  
Blogger Granimore said...

My only concern going into my schooling was whether I could actually handle embalming and aspiration. I can't think of any pointers right now. If you have any questions, feel free to email me. Good luck in school and thanks for reading and commenting.

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT