And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Training The New Hire

We've hired a new secretary for our other facility. While our secretary has been on vacation these past couple of weeks, I've been training the new hire. She seems capable and easy to train, but some days I feel like I'm falling short as a trainer. Yesterday we entered all the files from the calls we had over the weekend. She did most of the work, but I forgot to put a due date on the burial/transit permits. I should have known better. Overall, though, her training is proceeding fairly well. When our secretary returns from vacation, she can fill in all the gaps where I have a clear lack of knowledge and experience.

We had two services at the National Cemetery today; my boss took one and I handled the other. Everything went well, I'm pleased to say.

A couple of months ago we ordered checks for our new facility/acquisition. Our old checks were the two-part carbonless tractor-feed style. We will be replacing them with three-part checks for the laser printer. I was asked by the owner to set them up to print on our printers, so I took care of that in short order. It took me just a few minutes to get the layout rearranged in our accounting software so they print properly. Now my next project is to get our vendor lists updated and printed out in a nice, neat format. We can do a rough printout, but some of the addresses are getting cut off. I love doing this kind of work. I may not be the best at giving out prices on the phone and trying to convince people they should use us, but I'm a whiz at computer stuff. Except networking. I know beans about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT