And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Saturday, March 06, 2010

I Did Well

The other day a family walked in to make arrangements. I was told they were coming in on Friday, but they showed up Thursday unexpectedly. I called my boss, and he told me to go ahead and sit down with them and handle everything. So I did, and it was a full service cremation with embalming, viewing, services, the whole works. I had already embalmed the body, with assistance from Returning Employee, but I did most of the work. I set the features, raised the vessel, did the injection, and the heart tap. I was worried about how the family would like the way their loved one look, especially since they were worried about the lower teeth being in place. (The dentures had gone missing from the facility where we made the removal; turns out the lowers were in the mouth, and the family had the uppers). Today was the funeral, and I was very relieved when they told me how wonderful their loved one looked and how pleased they were with the job we had done.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT