And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Thursday, June 03, 2010

Special Music

Today I was assigned to find three songs for a funeral tomorrow. One of them was a classic hymn, which every funeral home in America probably has on hand. The other two were more uncommon, and would probably not be found in a funeral home's music library. It got me to thinking, if families want special music, shouldn't it be their responsibility to find? One of the songs I was assigned has a very common title, and when I looked it up on Rhapsody, there were over 2000 songs listed. Many of them, I'm sure, were the same song covered by numerous artists; others were probably songs that have nothing in common except the name. So out of these 2000+ songs, I downloaded the one I thought was the appropriate one. I only hope when it's played it's the right one. If not, I will blame the family for giving us nothing but a title. No artist, no genre, no indication at all of exactly which song we were supposed to find.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT