And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a retired Funeral Director and Embalmer who started this blog in 2006 to document my transition from retail into Funeral Services. I'm not sure comments are working as of July 2026. If you have questions email me using the Email Me link below.

Email me

Thursday, June 03, 2010

Special Music

Today I was assigned to find three songs for a funeral tomorrow. One of them was a classic hymn, which every funeral home in America probably has on hand. The other two were more uncommon, and would probably not be found in a funeral home's music library. It got me to thinking, if families want special music, shouldn't it be their responsibility to find? One of the songs I was assigned has a very common title, and when I looked it up on Rhapsody, there were over 2000 songs listed. Many of them, I'm sure, were the same song covered by numerous artists; others were probably songs that have nothing in common except the name. So out of these 2000+ songs, I downloaded the one I thought was the appropriate one. I only hope when it's played it's the right one. If not, I will blame the family for giving us nothing but a title. No artist, no genre, no indication at all of exactly which song we were supposed to find.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT