And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

What's Up? My Blood Pressure

We got a call late yesterday afternoon. My boss sat with the family this morning and they want everything done yesterday. Of course, he throws it all on me to complete; the death certificate, the very long obituary, etc. So I call the doctor to see if he can sign while we wait so we can hurry up and get cremation authorization; they made no promises, but I sent my errand guy up there anyway with instructions to wait. Just as I was leaving for lunch, he calls and says the doctor will sign later today or first thing tomorrow. I passed him off to my boss and went home to eat. We'll see how that one plays out. Right in the middle of all of this, he dumps another file on me and tells me to set up the National Cemetery for this Friday at 1pm. I finally get to a point where I can do this, and am told by the National Cemetery Scheduling Office that this has already been set up for this Friday at 2:30pm. I ask who set it up, because nothing was documented in my file. Turns out the family had already taken care of everything. How they did it, I don't know, but it was a surprise.

2 Comments:

Blogger thefuneralbizz said...

it isn't so easy to get a funeral ready that quick. i don't know why people don't understand this? and some doctors just do not get it when it comes to signing that death certificate! especially for cremation!! i don't know how many times we go around and around with the doctors office about this! and, really, how, did the family get everything set up with a National Cemetery??

8:05 AM  
Blogger Granimore said...

On the one service, we did get everything ready in time. As for the other, I have no idea how the family set up the National Cemetery themselves. They came in today and picked up the urn and death certificates, so we're done with that call.

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT