And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Monday, December 01, 2008

I Got My Day Off!

I finally got my day off today, despite a rather hectic weekend. We had the arrangement and ship out on Saturday, as well as a visitation, and we had a graveside service Sunday morning. I was on call this past weekend, and about 3:30 this morning, I get called out. We had prearrangements, so I knew the body would need to be embalmed, but my boss said we could handle it during normal hours. I knew that we also had another body to dress and casket, multiple death certificates to drop off and pick up at various doctor's offices, and a memorial service at 12:30pm today. However, I never mentioned a word to my boss about today being my day off; I simply slept in. I figured if I mentioned I was off today, he would ask me to come in and help get all this done, and I've had enough of sacrificing my days off for this year. My son and I went Christmas shopping and to lunch at Steak 'n Shake. It was yummy.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sank said...

Finally! Good for you, sounds like a nice and much needed break.

8:37 AM  
Blogger Granimore said...

Yes it was, Sank. My boss was rather put out when he found out I wasn't coming in, but he couldn't say much about it.

11:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT