And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Small World

It can be a small world, sometimes. Today we had an inspector for the health department come by the funeral home to check up on our compliance with health regulations, biohazard disposal, storage of embalming fluids, etc. It was his first time ever in a funeral home prep room, and we were working on a body. He told me he had never seen a dead body outside of a regular funeral service, let alone one that was in the process of being embalmed. He handled it ok, though, or so I thought.

When I got home, I was checking my mailbox (I live in an apartment) and who should be standing five feet away from me checking his mailbox? Mr. Health Inspector. It turns out he lives about three buildings away from me. We got to chatting, and I told him he seemed to handle his first experience well. He told me he was feeling woozy toward the end. He said he was breaking out in a sweat, feeling light-headed, and using "tunnel vision" to get through the job. I'm sure he'll get used to it as he gets more exposure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT