And So Begins My New Life

Join me as I embark on a new life and new career in Funeral Services.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Southeast, United States

I'm a Funeral Services graduate embarking on a new career. I graduated high school in 1981, served honorably in the United States Navy from 1982-1986, been married since 1986, and have one son. I've relocated to a new state and have begun working in my chosen profession of Funeral Services, and I've never been happier.

Email me

Friday, July 27, 2007

Pardon Me While I Get Political

There has been absolutely nothing happening at work, whatsoever. Business has slowed to a crawl, which is why I haven't posted anything in almost a week.

However, when I logged onto the internet this evening, I saw a news report that says liberal activists are going to try to organize a boycott of companies that advertise on Fox News, claiming the news channel is too slanted to the right in it's coverage of the news.

Among those planning to participate is the Sierra Club, which is boycotting Home Depot:

"Groups like the Sierra Club have targeted Home Depot because they believe it's inconsistent for the company to promote environmentally friendly products while advertising on a network that has questioned global warming."

Here's my question, and I'm going to use a preposterous example to prevent any debates, because I don't want this to turn into a political mess.
Let's say I own a company that makes world globes, and I advertise on the local Fox affiliate. Let's say scientists now believe the earth is flat, and not round, and then let's say Fox calls the findings into question. Why should people who get upset at Fox for challenging this claim punish me? It would be one thing if Fox were to blatantly call the scientists liars and fools, but is it quite another to merely question whether the scientist were 100% certain of their facts. Would they rather Home Depot not sell environmentally friendly products at all? These people are treating global warming as an object of worship, and anyone or anything who even questions the claims and findings are guilty of heresy.

And then there's this quote from the same story:

"'MoveOn.org is campaigning against Fox because it says the network characterizes itself as a fair news network when it consistently favors a conservative point of view', said Adam Green, the organization's spokesman."

And how many major news outlets do EXACTLY the same thing, but with their favoritism supporting the liberal side?


These are the types of situations that make liberal activists seem foolish to me. If you don't like something, don't have anything to do with it. I don't listen to National Public Radio, a decidedly left-leaning station. Nobody's making them watch Fox News.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

TEXT